Permaculture Children’s House Foundation, in Chiang Mai, Thailand, offers an exciting opportunity to learn a Permaculture Design Course (PDC) for free.
Permaculture Children’s House Foundation offers hosting and food for a 1 to 3 months immersion to learn the complete P.D.C. 72 hours curriculum by Bill Mollison leading to the Permaculture Design Course certificate.
We are located on a plot of 4 hectares in San Kamphaeng, 20 minutes from the city of Chiang Mai in the middle of paddy fields and overlooking the mountains of Mae On.
For who? Anyone…
- Who have serious motivation to go deeper into Permaculture and study the theory
- Who already investigated Permaculture and have a good idea of what it is
- Ready to learn using video and library resources in a self-directed learning way investigating at least 72 hours of the Permaculture Design Course core curriculum during a 1/3 months period
- Ready to exchange volunteering daily 5 hours 5 days a week applying Permaculture ethics and principles and helping to realize the Permaculture Children’s House project (farm+education center+children playground and coffee shop)
- Who already did some volunteering in an organic farm, social communities, Permaculture places and have a mindset for Earth Care, People Care and Fair Share.
- Who is ready to present a Permaculture design at the end of the studied curriculum for appreciation, comments, revisions and approbation to the Permaculture teacher and facilitator
Not suitable for:
- The one who is just curious or want to try or doesn’t have it clear
- The one who really doesn’t have a strong motivation (you will need it as it’s hot and wet often).
- The one who doesn’t have good English skills and understanding (all material is in English). We are sensitive to make this opportunity available for French and Spanish speakers into the future, please fill the form as well to show interest and give us good reasons to make it available
By who? The facilitator (teacher) is Xavier Bruzaud Grille PDC (with Geoff Lawton in 2014) + Permaculture teacher certificate (with Robin Clayfield Australia 2016) and more than 10 other Permaculture related courses, some with David Holmgren (co-originator of Permaculture), Murray Hallam (Aquaponics), Elaine Ingham (soil biology), Sociocracy for All (Sociocracy or dynamic governance)…
When? Anytime when we have availability as places are limited. Please count at least 7 days during the time we revise your input as a potential candidate and your acceptation or not.
How? Self-directed learning by using video and library resources investigating at least 72 hours of the core curriculum during a 2/3 months period. Practising in a farm and education centre in development on 4 hectares (10 acres) including market gardening system and animals. Within a project under construction since January 2017, the student must demonstrate an ability to adapt to hot and / or humid tropical climatic conditions, unforeseen events and problem-solving. Daily guidance by Xavier the facilitator and teacher on the basis of a minimum exchange time and a weekly ½ day meeting. Volunteering of student is based on a minimum of 5 hours a day, 5 days a week.
What? Implementation in a sub-tropical climate of different elements of Permaculture: grey/black water management, banana circle, lasagna beds, eco-constructions, community management and short term volunteers management during their stays (15 days), solar energies (15 KW 220 v and 380 V), use of urine, fertilizers, wicking bed, integration of animals into the circuits (chickens, geese, ducks, pigeons, goats, pigs, worms), worms composting, Permaculture design, agro-forestry, aquaponics, maker space, open-source software and engineering (3D-Arduino-raspberry printer – laser cutter being acquired), forced irrigation, greenhouses, propagation, sowing, crop combinations, pest management, mulching, swale, reading the landscape, integration of elements and their connections, production of biochar and biogas, IMO and natural insecticides but also creation-design-making of a natural educational playground for children, an area of art and much more …
Where? 20 minutes from Chiang Mai, a big city in Northern Thailand. Accommodation in tent, bed linen provided, separate toilets and showers, self-service solar washing machine. Common kitchen, maintenance tasks and cleaning are based on fair share. Wood oven for pizza and bread. Swimming in the pond, pontoon, relaxation zone and yoga.
How is life here? A community of about fifteen people including a Thai family and another Franco-Thai family with children (3 and 10 years). You will integrate a multi-cultural atmosphere with volunteers from all horizons and all countries coming to help for short periods (2 weeks).
How much? We provide accommodation in tent as well the basic in food for vegetarian, toilet, showers and washer machine for free.
You can expect to buy some extra food if you wish (like: meat, fish, cookies, drinks, snacks, fruits or imported food). You need to have your own health/accident insurance, pay for your own Visa, pay for all your own trips, health expense, boots or hat, sunglasses, your stay should not create any expense for our foundation except for what we provide above.
You are motivated and interested in this Free Permaculture Design Course (free PDC) that will lead you to a Permaculture Design Course Certificate of Completion, so fill the form:
The Permaculture Children’s House Foundation’s mission:
Permaculture Children’s House brings global sustainable life solutions for educating children.
The Permaculture Children’s House Foundation’s vision:
Children have a high potential to be agents of change using Permaculture ethics and principles.